Google Reader added a way to share posts in a number of other services, such as Facebook and Twitter. In addition, they offer a way to build your own custom links right into Google Reader. Upon seeing this, I immediately thought of making an Instapaper link so I can read posts later on my iPhone.
Here is how I did it:
- In Google Reader, go to Settings and click to the Send To tab
- Hit “Create Custom Link”
- Enter a name, I used “Instapaper”
- For the URL enter this, but replace YOURUSERNAME with your username:
- If you have a password, put this instead (Replace with your password):
- You don’t have to use an image, but if you would like to, feel free to use mine:
- If it is working, a new tab will pop up with “201″ each time to send an item to Instapaper.
There are many other services that this could work for too.